This program has been designed and developed in collaboration with cybersecurity and incident handling and response practitioners across the globe.
It is a comprehensive specialist-level program that imparts knowledge and skills that organizations need to effectively handle post breach consequences by reducing the impact of the incident, from both a financial and a reputational perspective.
E|CIH is a method-driven program that uses a holistic approach to cover vast concepts concerning organizational incident handling and response from preparing and planning the incident handling response process to recovering organizational assets after a security incident. These concepts are essential for handling and responding to security incidents to protect organizations from future threats or attacks.
How E|CIH Benefits Individuals:-
Gain Access to new, advanced Labs: The E|CIH Program comes with access to over 50 labs, 800 tools, and 4 OSs
Compliant with Major Industry Frameworks: 100% Complaint with the NICE 2.0 Framework and the CREST Framework
Comprehensive Templates Available: A large array of templates, check lists, and cheat sheets
The Purpose of E|CIH is:-
To enable individuals and organizations with the ability to handle and respond to different types of cybersecurity incidents in a systematic way.
To ensure that organization can identify, contain, and recover from an attack.
To reinstate regular operations of the organization as early as possible and mitigate the negative impact on the business operations.
To be able to draft security policies with efficacy and ensure that the quality of services is maintained at the agreed levels.
To minimize the loss and after-effects breach of the incident.
For individuals: To enhance skills on incident handling and boost their employability.
Who Is It For?
The incident handling skills taught in E|CIH are complementary to the job roles below as well as many other cybersecurity jobs:
Vulnerability Assessment Auditors
Risk Assessment Administrators
Application Security Engineers
Cyber Forensic Investigators/ Analyst and SOC Analyst
Firewall Administrators and Network Managers/IT Managers
E|CIH is a specialist-level program that caters to mid-level to high-level cybersecurity professionals. In order to increase your chances of success, it is recommended that you have at least 1 year of experience in the cybersecurity domain.E|CIH members are ambitious security professionals who work in Fortune 500 organizations globally.
Learning Objectives of E|CIH Program
- Understand the key issues plaguing the information security world
- Learn to combat different types of cybersecurity threats, attack vectors, threat actors and their motives
- Learn the fundamentals of incident management including the signs and costs of an incident
- Understand the fundamentals of vulnerability management, threat assessment, risk management, and incident response automation and orchestration
- Master all incident handling and response best practices, standards, cybersecurity frameworks, laws, acts, and regulations
- Decode the various steps involved in planning an incident handling and response program
- Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of computer forensics and forensic readiness
- Comprehend the importance of the first response procedure including evidence collection, packaging, transportation, storing, data acquisition, volatile and static evidence collection, and evidence analysis
- Understand anti-forensics techniques used by attackers to find cybersecurity incident cover-ups
- Apply the right techniques to different types of cybersecurity incidents in a systematic manner including malware incidents, email security incidents, network security incidents, web application security incidents, cloud security incidents, and insider threat-related incidents
At least 1 year of experience in the cybersecurity domain.
Module 01: Introduction to Incident Handling and Response
Module 02: Incident Handling and Response Process
Module 03: Forensic Readiness and First Response
Module 04: Handling and Responding to Malware Incidents
Module 05: Handling and Responding to Email Security Incidents
Module 06: Handling and Responding to Network Security Incidents
Module 07: Handling and Responding to Web Application Security Incidents
Module 08: Handling and Responding to Cloud Security Incidents
Module 09: Handling and Responding to Insider Threats